- 5 Large Vidalia Onions, Sliced Thin
- 1 Tablespoon Butter or Margarine
- 1 Regular prepared frozen pie shell
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 Whole eggs
- Salt and Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 Sprig parsley, stemmed and chopped
Place onions and butter in a covered saucepan and put over Medium heat. Cook 15 minutes, remove cover, and turn the heat to medium high to reduce the liquid. Cook for 10–15 minutes until the onions are the color of blond caramel and the liquid has cooked away. Remove from the heat and cool completely.
Preheat oven to 375 F. In a medium bowl, blend the onions with the cream and eggs, stir in salt and pepper to taste, and parsley. Pour the mixture into the pie shell and place in the oven. Cook 30–35 minutes until the top is golden brown and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.